Tuesday, July 14, 2015

How does your garden grow?

Very well, thank you.

We have green beans, yellow beans, four varieties of tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, and spinach.
Next you can see our giant volunteer squash plant.  We aren't sure what kind it is yet, but I am guessing pumpkin.  It is bigger than any of the squash plants we deliberately planted elsewhere in the yard. 
The Catalpa tree in the front yard is doing great.
And the new trees in the back yard are still little, but thriving.

If you are wondering about the chickens, they are doing very well.  They survived the bath time escapades and have been eating all their special human table scraps happily.  They do not know that on Thursday morning there will be more baths!  Shhhh.  It's a secret.



2 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love those garden photos and wished I could have a garden--miss that--I would have okra in my garden!!!
and I never heard of bathing chickens so this is an adventure for me and them!!!
Smiles

allikpeters said...

Okra! Yum! Maybe next year.

And about bathing the chickens--it is a splashy affair! :)